We are different from most home care agencies: we are non-profit. We are needs-driven, responding not to market demand but to the great need for quality holistic home care for the elderly and persons with disabilities.
We are scheduled to begin operating in the Pittsburgh, PA area by Autumn 2018.
Trained caregivers include workers such as personal care aides and home care aides who assist people in their homes. In addition to providing assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), these aides often help with:
- Personal care such as assistance with personal hygiene, dressing, feeding, incontinence care/toileting, mobility
- Homemaking such as assistance with household tasks, housekeeping, shopping, meal planning and preparation
- Self-administered medications if client can self-direct care
- Respite care, assistance and support provided to the family
- Other non-skilled services based on the care situation
Ladies of Charity Volunteers will serve as liaisons and mentors for the Caregiver and the client’s family, ensuring that both Caregiver and client receive whole-person care rooted within the tradition begun by St. Vincent de Paul over 400 years ago.