We are different from most home care agencies: we are non-profit. We are needs-driven, responding not to market demand but to the great need for quality holistic home care for the elderly and persons with disabilities.
We are currently based in Pittsburgh, PA, and are planning to expand to other locations.
Trained caregivers include workers such as personal care aides and home care aides who assist people in their homes. In addition to providing assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), these aides often help with:
- Personal care such as assistance with personal hygiene, dressing, feeding, incontinence care/toileting, mobility
- Homemaking such as assistance with household tasks, housekeeping, shopping, meal planning and preparation
- Self-administered medications if client can self-direct care
- Respite care, assistance and support provided to the family
- Other non-skilled services based on the care situation
Ladies of Charity Volunteers will serve as liaisons and mentors for the Caregiver and the client’s family, ensuring that both Caregiver and client receive whole-person care rooted within the tradition begun by St. Vincent de Paul over 400 years ago.
- A Mother at the Foot of the CrossDr. Marilyn Martone, Ph.D. (Ladies of Charity at St. John’s University; Board of Directors, LOC Caregiving) shares: "The Cross does not teach us how to escape suffering, but how to be faithful in the midst of suffering."
- Open House at Ladies of Charity Caregiving in PittsburghLadies of Charity Caregiving, Inc. is now accepting private pay clients and Medicaid inquiries. To celebrate this milestone, the Pittsburgh pilot office hosted an open house on October 10th, 2019.
- Ladies of Charity Caregiving Announces Grand Opening in PittsburghExecutive Director Sandra Jurani announces a Grand Opening scheduled for Thursday, October 10, 4-6 PM in their office at 7604 Charleston Ave., Room 20, Pittsburgh, PA 15218.